Friday 5 July 2013

Losing my bank card was the best and worst thing that has ever happened to me.

There have been many times in my life where I have allowed myself to be careless and misplace certain important items... like house keys, car keys, bottle openers (those are important, guys), driver's licenses, credit cards, homework, student cards, bus passes, passports, backpacks, clothing... BANK CARDS!!!  Last week, I bestest myself! I lost my bank card, which is conveniently also my transit pass, in a foreign country.

This irresponsible act lead me to have a very budgeted.. very stressful week.  BUT it was budgeted!  It was frustrating, yes, but I was forced to actually clean my place. I read, I draw, I wandered around with my camera & snapped some sick shots... and I spent less than 50,000 kw.  BAM!  For me, that's amazing.. and know that I know that I can do it.  I stress about money constantly, but I can be pretty bad with it.  I have been known to buy a lot of things that I don't need when funds are available but I really have to focus. I have to pay off my debts and if I can do this sooner than later there will be money to play later :)  It's actually really nice to feel like I have a handle on this.. I always say I'm going to do all of these things & be this adult but I rarely do it.  Now I know that I can, and that feels great.

Losing my bank card was a good scare, it put things in perspective for me.  I'm really glad I had good friends around to let me rant and spot me subway funds though - you guys are awesome.

I also had a lot of time to sit and catch up on my favorite guilty pleasures, like oreos & the bachelorette! I'm all caught up now.. pretty sure two of the front runners are gay, but it makes for great television!!  I've also discovered this terrible TV show called "Princesses: Long Island" that follows the lives of near-30 jewish girls in long island that are roaming the region looking for potential husbands. It. Is. AWFUL.  Naturally, I've watched every episode up to date and am counting down the days until the next episode airs. GIMME!  reality television makes me less homesick, and makes me like myself THAT much more.

I've also had a lot of time to draw, and work on my photography.  Im really enjoying manipulating my polaroids - I take pictures with different coloured film, with different light exposures then I sketch on them with sharpies.  If I can get a hold of a scanner I will post them, if not you will all have to wait until I am back in the Great White North to see them. It's my new favorite passtime.  Having real hobbies again is so nice.. this year has been a rough one but I feel like I am starting to find myself again.. making new friends is great, but I'm starting to make friends with my own self again at the same time. Pretttttttty cool!  I think my family would be really happy about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment