Tuesday 16 July 2013

I'm meeeeeeeelting!!!

If my Hagwon did not have AC I would die.  Actually.  Dead. Gone. Byebye!The trek uphill to my apartment everyday ends with me standing in a puddle of my own sweat, ripping off all of my clothing and jumping into my wet room-shower thing into some ice cold water.  Somedays, I put clothes back on.. otherdays, I crank my AC for about 30 minutes to defog my apartment.  Then I hang out on my wetroom floor with my laptop propped up on a mini laptable until it's realistically chilled enough for me to crawl to my bed. somedays I eat dinner, somedays I pass out.

I am a huge sissy when it comes to cold water, so for me to want to put my feet in anything less than luke warm is surreal. Mom, I promise you.. it's worse than Winnipeg! HAHA

My hair is going all frizzed out.

Work is kind of cray, somethings really bother me.. but I'm glad I have friends.  Jen is amazing, we had so much fun on our girls' night out on friday.  I was having a real stressed out week worrying about my brother, so it was good to go out & just be ridiculously silly.  If places had stronger AC I'd give it a 10, but with the dripping heat in certain places I'd give it a solid 8.  Still goodtimes ;)

I've also befriended two really cool ladies, Jenny from Ireland and Simone from South Africa. Wicked cool ladies, I cannot wait to get up to more shenanigans.  It's fantastic to be able to just be myself, and get to know like-minded people.  I'm glad Adam introduced me to these ladies.

Speaking of Adam, what an amazing friend.  It's nice to have someone who I can text whenever about whatever & he gives the most sound advice.  I'm glad he'll be around after Joel & Johann are gone in the fall - that's going to be rouuuuugh.  What will I do without my two favorite tall people?  It is to be seen.   I also got to hang out with Mark a bit this week, which was great as he is such a social butterfly that he's a hard one to catch a minute with.  He sent me more comics... hero much?  Cool dude.

Yeah, I'm meeting more and more wonderful people so the homesickness is not as intense.  It's a nice change of pace for sure..

Work has been interesting as of late.. I feel like I'm really getting the hang of this teaching bit, and my students are really adjusting to my style.  They are really improving and I am really happy to be the one facilitating them.  I came into orange class (my baby babies) last week only to be greeted by 6 little ones running and hugging me, pulling at my hands and skirts, saying "Lauren Teacher! I love you!!"  sometimes they get so excited by my little songs or rhymes that they'll run up to the front to get teacher cuddles.  I have to tell them to sit down, but really I just want to pick them up and praise them.  It really makes it feel worth it to hear those things.  I imagine that is how a parent would feel, I really should let my own mama know how much I love her more often.  Such a great feeling!!

I find I am liking the lunches less and less though.. and being given more extra things to do during my breaks by my coteacher that at the end of the day I just want to sleep.  I feel sorry for my block 5 primos because come 5:30 I am so hangry, hot, and tired that they don't get as many stickers as they did in the less hot, sweaty, and calorie starved month of May.

In other news, the mudfest countdown has begun.. in 3.5 days I will be so ridiculously covered with mud!  Everyone from PJ 2003 would probably be amused.. as the mud pit there was of my own doing. My dad would have loved it I'm sure.  I seriously can't wait to throw mud at people, is that childish?  I also heard it's great for your skin & hair.. but I really just want to wrestle. I'm such a child.

SO EXCITED!  Bring on the busride, and the mud, and the weird hotel hall thing. It will be like one gigantic field trip.

eeeeeeee!!! mudddddd!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment