Monday 29 July 2013

My Vacation Plans

I'm horrible at making my own itinerary.  It's not because I'm lazy or anything, it's actually because I am overwhelmed by the concept of infinite possibilities.  Example, when I graduated with my Bachelors of Arts I celebrated for a weekend before promptly selecting my graduate courses.  Yep. I did that.

Now here I am in South Korea, with no real responsibility or concrete commitments (aside from one) and I am at a total loss of what to do with my life.

Here is a list of things I hope to accomplish while I am on my 7 day break from work:

1) Friday, I am subbing for my friend Joel so that he can participate in a DJ competition on Haeundae Beach ***  I mentioned one concrete commitment, this is about it

2) Clean my apartment.  It's not messy.. it's just.. chaotic.  There IS a difference.  I don't have trash strewn around, there is no old food. There is no sand, or dirt on my floor.  But there are clothes EVERYWHERE. In North America, when you do your laundry it's a 3 hour ordeal.  You seperate, you wash, you dry, you fold, you put away. In South Korea.. You separate, you wash, you hang to dry.  It's very humid, it can take DAYS for certain things to be wearable again.  It's a multiple wash a week kind of situation for me, as my summer wardrobe is limited so I have to put my clothes in rotation and pray to the high Gods of the universe that the weather doesn't change on me leaving me naked.  Due tot his fact, I have a lot of items hanging in various places that can probably be retired to my closet now... there's just so much and.. i don't wanna :(  My mom is painfully familiar with this habit of mine.. I leave laundry in baskets for weeks.  It's frustrating.. now it's even more frustrating when my room is my entire apartment. I must fix this. * Healthy Home

3)  Find a gym in my area that I like, preferably with air-con.  I've decided that, given the recent bombardment of criticism of my physical form, I should probably start working out.  I'm not doing so to impress anyone, I actually want to.  And endorphins make a happy Lauren.  * Healthy Body

4) Finish reading Life of Pi.  The first time i read it I loved it, but I don't think I really appreciated how beautiful a story it really is.  The depth of emotion kind of washed over me, so I am taking my time with this one.  I began reading it on the beach at Namhae and I am hooked.  * Healthy Soul

5) Try to skype my mom.  I have yet to do so with opposite working hours, it makes me feel so detached from my life. * Healthy Heart

6) Go on atleast two hikes.  It's cathartic.  I talk to my dad on hikes, and I haven't done that for a while either.  It's time for me to put my big girl shoes on, blast some Gordon Lightfoot and Zepplin, and meditate.  * Healthy Conscience



more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment