Thursday 25 July 2013

STEEELLLLLLAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Today I found out that one of my favourite students would not be returning to SLP after the vacation.. it was my last class with her.  I was VERY sad, and actually teared up a bit when she came up to give me a hug goodbye.  Her name is Stella & she is 11.  Her English is... not the greatest.. but she tries and she always completes her homework.  At 11 kids are way too cool to hug their teachers.. so yeah, she did it after her friends had left the class.. whatevs. It was still super cute.  I'm tearing up just writing about it.. I don't know what I will be like when I have to go home to canada & leave my babies behind.

Stella made me a little card, which I'm pretty sure Mimi helped her with because there were no mistakes.  It was purple, with little heart shaped leopard print stickers and it had glitter, they know me so well.  She signed it "From your star of the sea" because last week we learned about name origins.  I'm really happy she remembered that, and glad to have had her in my class for the time that I did and I will miss her sweet little face.

As a parting gift to my beloved Stella I showed the class this clip:

<3


It seemed so very appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment