Thursday 22 August 2013

Orange class makes menopause look as mild as a hang nail.

Believe it or not, family and friends, somedays teaching kindergarten is not all fun and glitter.
Somedays there's snot, tears, poop, and endless screaming.  Today all of those things were the unfortunate products of the excessive amount of sugar my co-teacher decided to contribute to snack time.

It is a well known fact that under most stressful circumstances I can man up and hold my own.  Today, guys, I was pwned by 7 4 year olds with sticky fingers and runny noses.  IT. WAS. AWFUL.

There was so much going on that I will give you a play by play, organized by head.

Mickey:

Normally he is my little angel baby.  Mickey always uses full sentences and stays in his seat.  He raises his hand and waits quietly to be called on.  Mickey on a sugar high is a completely different bag of potatoes: he is LOUD, he is wiggly, and, quite possibly the cutest part, he kisses EVERYONE!  He is just so full of love that he has to run around and express it.  Cute, but not good for class time unfortunately :(

John:

As of late John has been the least enthusiastic student in orange class.  John does not want to be in class, John wants to play.  He's 4, I get it.. I'm not insulted.  I'd rather play with them too most days.  However, with John, this disinterest translates to angry outbursts and disruption.  Today John was all smiles, which was awesome.. but he was all -Lauren-teacher-i'm-way-too-cool-for-pants-shoes-or-my-chair!  It was just... special.  I could not keep him in one place, or his pants?  i don't know what was up with him.  Maybe he'll move to vancouver in his adult life and frequent wreck beach?  i don't even know.

Sally:

Bless her, she may have been the most chill out of everyone.  I feel so sorry for this little girl as she is the ONLY girl out of 7 children. Sometimes she shouts, but I don't think she realizes she's doing it.  For the most part she just stares at the goofy boys with her mouth open with the most adorable expression of contempt.  You know when they graduate to peach class she's going to be the boss.  Sally didn't finish her lolly, so Sally kind of just sat there with wide eyes watching the boys terrorize me.

Alliot:

Alliot is trouble.  I love Alliot, he's adorable and so so sweet.. he just has a lot of energy.  he actually handles sugar really well, but somedays his eyes glaze over and he just does the strangest things.  Today, he was perfect.  i was so surprised considering how insane the other boys were being... UP UNTIL SCIENCE CLASS.  He came up to the front of the class when I called him to help me, reached for the cup of water off my desk and dumped it over his own head. He did it so quickly I couldn't do anything to stop it.. it was a trainwreck in the blink of an eye.  like.. THANKS KID! Then ofcourse the principal walks in & gives me the stink eye.

TBC...


No comments:

Post a Comment