Tuesday 16 April 2013

My Inner Ninja

So today was a bit of a nightmare.

I have always been extremely organized up until when it matters, then I will do one small thing to screw everything up, like.. how I showed up for the LSAT with everything but a pencil that is sharpened (or sharpener), concoct the most amazing protein shake in the world and then forget to put the lid on my blender (Banana and whey do not make for a good deep conditioning treatment in your hair PS), or you know, the thirty million times I have tried to cut my own bangs (IT NEVER ENDS WELL AND I WILL PROBABLY TRY AGAIN NEXT WEEK).  I don't know why I do these things.. maybe deep down I enjoy the thrill?  I design obstacles just to kick them down & laugh in the universe's face.. until my next car accident, or fall down a flight of stairs, naturally.

For the past couple of weeks I have been gathering all my paperwork to prepare myself for my Asian Invasion.  I thought I was pretty well ahead of the game.. Yeah. Not so much.

I gather my contract, my notarized documents, my criminal record check, my transcripts, and my medical declaration of health thing - Have you been injured in the past 5 years?  How do you think the Korean Consulate would feel about accidental self-electrocution on multiple occasions, 6 car accidents, 3 concussions, and many incidents involving stairs.. uh.. yeah, I ticked "No."
I realized last night that I needed an additional copy of my CRC for my second set of documents, so I took the CRC out of my well organized envelope.  Did I put it back in after getting in touch with the RCMP?  Ofcourse not.

So I wake up extremely early by Lo standards, feed the dogs, get Gerald all ready for his car ride... send a few in car snap chat vids of Gerald basking in the glory of said car ride.. get all the way to the consulate and BAM no CRC.  Call my brother, and my mom in a panic.  Opt to drive home to fetch said CRC (which my glorious brother sifted through my hoarding pile to locate for me)... run back to car, realize pay station only accepts credit card.  By this time, I have had four coffees and really have to pee. I abandon my car (and a confused Gerald) int he parked, run up and down W Georgia until i find a public washroom.  Run and find a Seven Eleven, buy a prepaid credit card.  I think to myself "F@%! you, IMpark and F@#!$ you universe!"  Yeah.. it doesn't work.  I pocket said Visa gift card for future online shopping purposes and proceed to run around said parkade, chihuahua in my arms, like a crazy lady.  Eventually on my 3rd round of frantic "FUDGE FUDGE FUDGE FUDGE ** DOES ANYBODY ACTUALLY WORK IN THIS BUILDING" I find a guy who says he'll let me out if I pay cash, but he has to charge me a day rate.  Seeing no other solution, I pay the man.  He definitely pocketed the money.

As I am leaving the parked I turn the wrong way on W Georgia and get stuck in horrible single land traffic, ending up in North Vancouver.  Luckily for me, I was out there visiting my good friend Mo two week ends ago so I knew that I could get back onto Highway 1 Eastbound after I got off the Lionsgate bridge - it just took about 45 minutes to get there!!  I calmed myself down by playing Classified's new track "My Inner Ninja" on repeat for the majority of the ride home.  Gerald & I definitely had a traffic jam dance party.

Needless to say, I did not go back to Vancouver today.  It dawned on me that I would not get back to Langley on time for work.. I will have to do it all again tomorrow. I can get pretty worked up over little things, and trust me... high volume city traffic with me behind the wheel is not something I'd wish upon anyone.  Ask Karlee, or Sophie.  Sophie actually refuses to drive with me period.

Despite my little episode today, once I arrived at work a feeling of complete zen washed over me.. in less than a month I will no longer have to subject myself to the abuses of Langley's alcoholics.  Some other unfortunate underemployed graduate will have to take the reigns and pour the draught beer...  I wish them the best, but when I punch out after my final shift I will be running for the door

and hopefully not tripping on the doorstep!

1 comment:

  1. I remember this day! Sounded horrible, but you also managed to make into a really funny story. Side bar: CUTTING YOUR OWN BANGS NEVER ENDS WELL! Ever.

    ReplyDelete