Thursday 18 April 2013

My closet is the door to Narnia's gay bar

So, I have spent my day going through my room trying to spruce the place up for my one year absence.. you know.. throw away everything incriminating, go through my clothes.. try and make it Mom proof, essentially, because we all know she's going to raid that room the second my plane takes off.

I have come to realize a few things about myself, the first of which being that I am an adult-sized child. Seriously! Everything I own is ripped, stained, animal patterned, sequinned, bedazzled, or some shade on the grey-scale.  Betsey Johnson circa 1985 threw up in my closet.  My closet is the glittery, cheetah printed entrance to Narnia's Celebrity's after the pride parade.  It's seriously scary.

I fear for my would-be students.  Mom is going to take me shopping for some "adult" clothing.  I'm hoping to sneak in some leopard prints or polka dots.. I'm not ready to grow up completely, let's be honest.  Kids like sparkles, right? .. Bosses might not.

I am going to have a hard time giving away a lot of my clothes, but I know when I come back in a year I probably won't like them anymore, and they are of no use to anybody sitting in my closet.  Actually, no, they're good space holders.  The last time I vacated my room I returned home to a storage room so packed that it took me 3 days to get everything out just to fit a bed in there.  I'm hoping my room stays a bedroom and doesn't turn into another extension of my mother's hoarding pile (sorry mom, but it's true. the "guest room" is seriously scary).  I don't know if I can justify my own hoarding just to keep someone else out of my hoarding spot.  Maybe only having two suitcases to pack my things into is a good idea after all.

The second thing I learned about myself is that I should never own a bed that has storage space beneath.  I have so many single socks, where are there mates? WHO IS TAKING ALL OF MY SOCKS?!  WHAT ARE THIS?!?!  I blame the underpants gnomes.

Finally, I learned that I am way too easily distracted to be trusted to clean my room out all on my own.  I watched this video probably 40 times today... ENJOY.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4sXjJJjcWQ




No comments:

Post a Comment