Saturday 20 April 2013

So I now know where I'm going to be living..


So the foreign teacher Claire that interviewed me for my teaching position gave me her email to contact her if I had any questions, the day before last she passed on the email of the girl who's apartment I would be taking over.  I asked her a few questions about the location etc, and this is the response I received:


Hey Lauren!
So the apartment is a block down from Dongseo University in Gaegeum. The closest
subway is Naengjeong on the Green Line (Line 2). The university and the apartment
are near the top of a big hill, the subway is at the bottom (it's pretty steep, but I swear after a month you kind of get used to it - and it's like a secret booty workout!). I think walking down takes about 5 minutes, up maybe 10 or so. 
The school is right between Gaegeum and Naengeong subway exits, so it's pretty close to the apartment. I would say about 10-12 minute walk! If you're ever running late you can get there by cab in less than 2 minutes :) 
The apartment is probably the best of any of the teachers - this year I had a
problem with u in my first apartment so I ended up moving to a new one in the
same building. Definitely a good call, this one is much bigger and more up-to-date. It's on the second floor with a rear-facing window so it's pretty quiet and private. The bed is an awkward size, maybe slightly bigger than a twin but definitely not a double - I use a double fitted sheet on it and then just my comforter. A twin fitted sheet won't fit. I have an extra one that I will leave for you, and couple other linens and pillows to get you started - I ended up buying all new stuff but will keep it because I am returning to Busan in July.
The kitchen area is teeny but fine for one person! :) It's separated from the
bedroom by a big door (also blocks out sound from the hallway really well). Other
bonus - walk in closet! Totally lucked out with this one, I put up a clothes rack
that I'll leave in there for you and it has a lot of space! There is also a little patio-ish area with sliding doors - it's nice to open the place up but the windows are small so I mostly use it for storage.
The landlords are a VERY nice couple, super quiet but really helpful. They live on the 6th floor of the building. I've come to them with all kinds of random problems this year and between them and Jerry things got fixed pretty quickly. Also they run a small convenient store on the first floor, it's the BEST... Like having a garage constantly stocked with anything you need but you just have to pay for it! haha The neighborhood is a college area, so there are definitely goods and bads. Kind of noisy but tons of good restaurants. Also being on the Green line is the best, no transfers to get to KSU or the beach!
I don't know if I covered everything there, feel free to email with anymore
questions you have! 

:)Laura
---

WALK IN CLOSET?!?! I'M SOLD.  I like restaurants. I like stores, and subways. I like college kids and patios.  I can handle noise.

CAN I GO NOW PLEASE?!

No comments:

Post a Comment