Monday 27 May 2013

The Weekend

People in this city have WAY more energy and enthusiasm than I am accustomed to.

This weekend started after a friday from hell.  One of my children acts out tirelessly, it is because his parents do not discipline him at home and while he is an absolutely sweetheart and loves to give teacher hugs and snuggles... he also likes to push Theos chair in super fast so that he gets winded. Or pull Sally onto the floor, or take all of the flash cards off the board. It's just non stop.

Johann wasn;t feeling too fabulous either, so i fixed that boy up with some advil and we hit up some BBQ in KSU.  We stopped by Almost Famous to say hay to Joel and then caught the subway home at an early hour.  it's nice to have responsible friends sometimes :)

Saturday was a completely different story. Johann & Joel went up to daegu to see Sasha, but I am on a budget so I decided to kick it in Busan instead.  I did laundry during the day, went for a walk in seomeyon where I purchased the most adorable leopard print blouse (shocking, I know! Lauren.. likes leopard? get out of town!!)  It was on sale.  I painted my nails, conditioned my hair, plucked my eye brows and had a nap.  Around 6 I wandered down to Sharky's at Gwangalli Beach.  I met Neil and Jen there for some beers, but they turned in early.  Adam & mark also came out, so I ended up spending my evening with them.  I wore my heels for most of the night, and didn't die so I see that as a victory.  We went to Wolfhounds in Haeundae I enjoy people watching those who had just left the Pirate Party on the Big Rock boat.  There was a man dressed up like a parrot.  I was pleased!

After Wolfhound's, I went with Davis, Drew, and Paige to KSU.  We got some cheesy kimchi and then headed over to Eva's to watch some soccer, Mark & Adam were there.  I also made friends with a guy named Hermann who likes hockey - awesome!!  I got home after the sun rose, and slept most of sunday.  I woke up, tried to make breakfast and failed, watched some movies on netflix, went for a run.. then put my dry clothes back in my closet.  I met Johann for some excellent BBQ dinner, we mad plans to hike next weekend.

I don't think I have ever pulled an all-nighter other than when I was paper writing in Uni. I don't know how often my body will cooperate with that, I am way too lazy and enjoy sleeping far too much.  I feel like I slept through most of my weekend.  I am still adjusting to the time change so perhaps that's part of it?  We shall see!  Regardless, I am looking forward to exploring PNU & going for a hike with Johann next weekend.  Great things to come!

Oh, and work was great today.  Two boys form orange class stayed home sick :( but one of them was the kid who acts up a lot so.. we actually had a productive class!!  Hooray!!! we sang Old Macdonald, and learned barn animals.  It's funny how quick they catch on when they don't need to worry about someone pushing their chair in or throwing pencils at their heads. HA.

No comments:

Post a Comment