Friday 24 May 2013

Gatsby

Today I had a pretty rough day at work.  There is one child in my orange class who acts out a fair bit.. it's not that he is stupid by any means, in fact I think that he isn't challenged enough.  When I single him out and ask him questions, he always has the correct answers... but he is so energetic. he flails, he hits, he bites, the throws things.. he hits other students... it's a bloody nightmare.  I hope I wasn't that disruptive when I was a child... I don't think that I hit, but I'm pretty sure I was a pain in the ass. Props to my teachers!  I'm fairly confident I will find a way to get through to him.. we all learn differently, it may just take a while long.r  One can only hope that he doesn't disrupt the rest of the lot.. I have faith in him, let's hope he doesn't break my heart.

 Today I felt lonely.  Lately I have been experiencing so much, but there has been a definite break in communication to home.  I have written my mama an email each day, but none of them seem to be going through.  I knew there was an issue, because she always writes me back (even when I am just forwarding silly things, or being an idiot).  I hope to have an active cellphone soon, I want to phone home.  Every little thing that has happened I have thought to myself "I should call home" but sometimes it scares me.  I want my dad.. anytime I have been away from home, I could have calle dome and my dad would always answer " How's it going pumpkin pie?" and I always knew whatever the problem was he would fix it  He would be wherever I was within the day, no questions asked.  My mom is the same, she will always find a way to call.  As much as I would like to play the hero and say that I am an adult, sometimes you just need your parents to prop yu up and assure you that you are doing alright.  Some of the foreign teachers in Busan think that the Korean parents are too hard on their kids.. but I can relate.  I am where I am, and have had the opportunities that I have only because my parents taught me to work hard, to be responsible.. and while sometimes that stressed me out, or made me upset... I am so thankful for it.  I am in a different country, far away from what I know... and I am okay.  I am okay because I know that no matter what I have a mother at home who loves me more, I am sure, than I will ever know... and a father in heaven who is smiling down.  It is bitter sweet, because I miss them both every day... but I am glad to hear that they are proud.  That is all I ever wanted.

This evening I went to dinner with my coworkers, and it was lovely.  I am thankful that they are all so laid back and accepting.  I did not know that our school had an evening hagwon program upstairs.. there is another Canadian girl Victoria who is from Ottawa.  She seems really nice, and we have plans for saturday. I am looking forward to that, she likes hockey.  she's in.

I also went to see The Great Gatsby with Johann, Joel, and Mark.  I'm not sure whether or not I liked this film version, I will have to think about it... but I do love the story.  I am not looking forward to my early morning with the trouble child.. but perhaps tomorrow he will behave better for me.  I bought stickers.. let's see if that helps??

No comments:

Post a Comment