Wednesday 29 May 2013

Forgiveness

The cloud drifts overhead.  It begins to darken and suddenly the sky opens and rain just falls.  My make up's ruined and there are puddles in my shoe.  But it isn't a cold rain, it's warm and it feels good on my skin.  It makes my hair do crazy loopdiloops and stick out at all angles but strangely I'm okay with that. I'm smiling, I'm skipping, and I'm singing song lyrics in English to some bewildered looking Koreans.  The hill I'm climbing doesn't look so daunting, my legs have adjusted to the incline.  I feel pretty confident, I even skip up the last 10 meters and scuttle to my apartment building.

This is how it felt to let go of the excess. Separating the then from now, the here from there.. it wasn't easy.  It was cold water- no, it was a god damn ice cube in my bright red toms followed by a sickly sweet smirnoff ice chugged on my knee.  I hate that shit.

I feel like I'm floating to the surface finally, and I'm sure I'll dip and dive a bit.. but my confidence is back and I am having a wonderful time meeting new people from new places.  It's exciting, it's shiny, and it's just so god damned beautiful to me. There is so much that I miss, but there is so much more that I look forward to building for myself here, in the now.

This is bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment